A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is because of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the coil is an immune booster, a great digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is actually a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and handling of cancer, based on research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are some of the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting the body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immune system through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus improving the accuracy in the immune system in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergy symptoms by helping the body to recognise its cells better; thus it cannot combat against its cells. In case reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in decrease in immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of a severe allergic reaction. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom raises the defense mechanisms when needed and reduce it when it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For instance, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses since they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in cutting infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an essential part of fighting infection. A cup of Chaga tea is essential in eliminating the bacteria that may cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Note that, low antioxidant levels can lead to inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the consequences of enzymes that take part in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a vital role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest quantity of antioxidant potency as compared to any other food. The high amounts of antioxidants result from our prime amount of polyphenols within the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, the top amounts of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive results of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of many factors behind ulcers is bacteria. Becoming a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that triggers ulcers in the digestive system reducing chances of ulcers. Besides, the extracts in the mushroom are crucial in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or perhaps a glass of tepid water infused with Chaga mushroom powder 30 minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration within the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a factor that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots in the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it might cause diseases such as cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing bloodstream during times of irritation. Such property is important in cases of pain or conditions including neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin within the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the causes of insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance results in accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts slow down that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus decreasing the surges in blood glucose, which will otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure levels and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can breakdown the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol inside the liver. By reducing bad cholesterol from blood vessels, along with eliminating clots through the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a healthy blood pressure.
11. Skin health – The massive quantities of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, allow it to be an outstanding skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, improves the skin’s health, which makes it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it to the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a wonderful way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt inside the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 times per day, thirty minutes before a meal decbbe important for a wholesome gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it for any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can protect the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are necessary in balancing hormones in your body. In the event of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are accountable for the sensation of stress and fatigue. A balance of these hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. As a well known adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, help to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It does so by improving the body react to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the amounts of acetylcholine increases the cognitive performance of your individual.